Saturday, March 8, 2014

Security and Privacy

The article I read was, Target works on security-heavy credit cards, after breach. This article talked about how the Target company was hacked and those customers who had shopped from November 27 and December 15 2013 were most likely to be affected. I personally had shopped during these days at Target and my bank company Chase had sent me a new card just in case if I had been robbed. According to the reading Target said that were speeding up the high security of their credit cards. So they're coming up with some credit cards that come embedded with a tiny microprocessor chip. They say that by having these new credit cards it will make it harder for cyber criminals to access someone's data. For example even when I'm buying stuff online I don't feel really safe about giving out my card information, but I still do. And as of today nothing bad has happened with my bank account. I believe that credit cards will continue to advance like technology keeps advancing throughout the years.

4 comments:

  1. I did the same article and mentioned something's you mentioned as well. I mentioned how credit cards will continue advancing and the new microprocessor chips they will have as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its true that technology will keep advancing. Milton and johnny.. have you guys heard about a rumor that they want to put microschip's into us and that credit cards won't be needed? I hope that the rumors are false.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also don't feel really safe about giving out my card information but I only order from website that alot of people use or a corporation website such as ebay.com or skullcandy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even from those websites can you be attacked by a hacker. But then again, there are reasons VPNs are there for us.

      Delete